Halloween has come to terrorize y’all’s neighborhoods! I don’t know about you, but Halloween has always made me so excited that I have to hold my horses to go off the limits! If I could, I would fill my classroom with fake insects, mummies, witches and all sorta of “spooky-related” stuff. For that, I have come up with six different lessons from A1 to B2 levels using TV series and movies segments. They are mostly based on listening comprehension and organized in lead-in/vocabulary task > gist > detail > follow-up.
The link for the worksheets and the videos will be available at the end of the post.
CEFR A1 | Beginner – Halloween with E.T.
1. Zombie / Pumpkin
Witch / Vampire
Frankenstein / Ghost
2. – ; tick; tick; tick; – .
3. 9; 1; 10; 2; 4; 6; 8; 5; 3; 11; 7.
CEFR A1+ | Elementary – Halloween with FRIENDS
3. F (not happy); F (dinosaur); T; T; F (borrow); T; F (fashion); T; T; F (because the girl said she loved); T.
CEFR A2 | Pre-intermediate – Halloween with MODERN FAMILY
3. F (hates); T; T; F (few); T; F (trunk); F (taken); T; T.
CEFR A2+ | Low intermediate – Halloween with THE ORIGINALS
3. a) C; b) B; c) C; d) A; e) C; f) A.
CEFR B1 | Intermediate – Halloween with THE BIG BANG THEORY
1. a) so-and-so; b) congratulated; c)trick-or-treat; d) make up your mind; e) heart condition.
2. Yes, partially.
3. a) A; b) B; c) C; d) A; e) B; f) C; g) A.
CEFR B2 | Upper-intermediate – Halloween with HARRY POTTER
1. a) tale; b) wand; c) quarrel; d) cunning; e) drown; f) winding; g) cloak; h) twilight; i) untimely.
2. tick; tick; -; -; tick; tick.
3. a) No, Harry isn’t. b) Twilight / midnight. c) By using magic. d) Death did. e) Deceived because they were supposed to die while crossing the river. f) the most powerful wand; the resurrection stone and the invisibility cloak. g) He was murdered after a fight. h) He hanged himself. i) He peacefully died many years later.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE WORKSHEETS AND SEGMENTS.
Hope you enjoy the lessons and have fun using them!
I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
See you around!
Posted in: ELT